Information on Anti-Ragging Undertaking, Hostel Allotment and Parents' Accommodation Please note the following: As per Hon. Supreme Court & UGC/MHRD Regulations, it is mandatory for all students and their parents/guardian to sign separate undertakings and submit in the campus during hostel allotment. The undertakings may be obtained from : www.amanmovement.org (OR) www.antiragging.in The filled form has to be submitted at the registration desk. You are required to fill the following information in the anti- ragging form (online): Director’s Name: First Name: Sudhirkumar Second Name: Barai Phone Number: 01596-255221 Registration Number: Your Application Number Nearest Police Station: Pilani How many students are in your Class: 1100 (UG), 350 (PG), PhD (275) The allotment of rooms will be done on random basis. We will share the hostel & room details later. Parents accompanying their wards will have to make their own arrangements for stay. The Institute cannot provide accomm...
Sir, I will be giving the makeup exams which will be held on 24-28 January for the mid sems.
ReplyDeleteSo, when I will be required to report in the campus to give the makeup exam on 24-28 January?
I am in First semester and chosen stay during exams only option
You can fill the date as per your convenience, however there should be a gap of at least 7 days between your first exam and your arrival date.
DeleteSir,
ReplyDeleteThis is regarding the form that is to be filled by all students except those admitted in 2021 for campus joining .
The form asks to upload the latest vaccination certificate but when I upload it , the site shows that it is not valid . Also do we have to re-upload the parent consent form ?
Dear sir,
ReplyDeleteIf we choose 'Stay at campus' but depending on circumstances later wish to go home and stay there, will we be able to convert to 'Stay at home' after the 2nd semester begins?
Yes you can change!
DeleteDear sir,
ReplyDeleteHow much hostel fee will be imposed if we chose 'Stay at Home'?
As per your stay....
DeleteSir I filed the anti-ragging affidavit and forwarded the email sent to me by them to the SWD. is that all we need to do regarding the anti-ragging affidavit?
ReplyDeleteYes
DeleteSir what will be the wing size?
ReplyDeleteCan not disclose right now.
Deletesir what gate/building do we have to report to? ive selected 4th jan 3:30 pm time slot
ReplyDeleteMain gate only
DeleteSir when will we get an confirmation email that whether we have to come or not
ReplyDeleteDear sir,
ReplyDeleteWill we need to vacate our room again after the mid-semester exam if we choose 'Stay at home'?
Sir My parents are not fully vaccinated and due date of second dose is later than reporting on campus in this case what should we do???
ReplyDeleteThey have to come with a negative report of RT-PCR test.
DeleteSir due to strike in RT-PCR test are not possible anywhere near me Only PCR(rapid) test are possible. We have negative report of that test but RT-PCR are not possible near me in this case what should I Do.
DeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteSir,Will the hostel allocation be done online or after we reach the campus?
ReplyDeleteSir me and my parents are fully vaccinated and have the vaccine certificates also. please clarify if we still need to have the RT PCR test done and report submitted?
ReplyDeletewhat do we show at the main gate after showing up/ do we show any allotment letter? will we get to know anything about our hostel allotment: name of hostel, room number?
ReplyDeleteSir will we be allowed to go outside the campus for appearing in competitive exams after taking due permission if we choose to stay on campus?
ReplyDeleteSir I have chosen 'Stay only during exam option' and if I wish to give makeup midsem tests when do I need to report on campus, during 2-5 January or before 24 January
ReplyDeleteSir, is our allotment temporary or permanent, as i choose stay on campus only during exams.
ReplyDeleteFor HD2021, I have added vaccine certificate and it was successfully uploaded but the vaccination status is still showing " Not vaccinated"
ReplyDeleteI have already booked a ticket some days ago for coming on campus on 9th of January, (though the time window for us is between 10 to 15 or later). Sir, I hope it is fine?
ReplyDeleteRespected Sir,
ReplyDeleteIf we choose to come during midsem and then stay on the campus till compre, can we do this?
Will Classes be on during 2nd to 5th January?
ReplyDeleteSir, I will be giving the makeup exams which will be held on 24-28 January for the mid sems.
ReplyDeleteSo, when I will be required to report in the campus to give the makeup exam on 24-28 January? Can I report at a later date than that already announced(2-5th January,2022)?
I am in First semester and chosen stay after exams option.
Sir, I have chosen to stay during exams option, but then informed that makeup exams will take place. If I choose to give some subjects in regular midsems (11-15) and rest in makeup (24-28), can I come on 3rd and leave after 28th or will I have to change my option to stay after exams?
ReplyDeleteSir, I do not have my Birth Certificate so can my 10th class Marsksheet be used for the same
ReplyDeletesir what is to be uploaded in parents consent? in the campus joining form
ReplyDeleteSir , I have joined in 10 iteration and midsem for us on 24-28 so can i report to campus anyday before 17th ? Earlier I had filled in the form that was released on 16th December to join on 2nd Jan so do i need to change date of joining anywhere or can i just report on any day?
ReplyDeleteI am also dealing with the same problem. have you got any solution ???
Delete
ReplyDeleteAs there are cases increasing due to current omicron variant cases as of December 31 Dec stand at 23,000 and many states have imposed curfews and travel restrictions as we are on the verge of a third wave.
Is the administration thinking about re-considering the decision of stay on campus my parents are really worried about sending me back to campus
Theres no such thing as bio bubble I myself have seen il literate villagers roaming scot free in the campus without even the 1st jab of vaccine.
As I cannot move back and forth four times because of being from South India if II avail stay at home option
Pls inform us about the same
Respected sir,
ReplyDeleteIs there any restriction on reporting time. As in, can I report late at night also?
Sir, Will There be SU cab service for students coming on 10th-15th jan.
ReplyDeleteSir, my brother is of 14 years.
ReplyDeleteDo he also require an RT-PCR report?
Yes
DeleteSir, I am unable to upload NoC on vaccination portal. Please help what to do
ReplyDeleteI am an HD student from Kolkata. The state has imposed restrictions due to the hike of Covid 19 cases which include cancellation of flights to Delhi, hence joining campus during the mentioned period is very difficult in my case. If you could suggest an alternative or publish a concrete notice regarding the same.
ReplyDeletePlease wait for some time. Since the classes are online, you may join later.
DeleteMy relative is admitted to the hospital with dengue in critical condition. Is it possible for me to come back to campus on 19th January? I'm 2019 batch student.
ReplyDeleteNo....once you are on-campus, you are not allowed to leave
DeleteSir in view of the ongoing Omicron situation, has there been any changes or delays regarding joining the campus? because my parents are very worried about my safety on campus. Kindly let us know about the same.
ReplyDeleteStill we are keeping an eye. If there will be any decision, we will inform you immediately.
DeleteSir, my flight to Delhi on 11th January has been cancelled. Covid cases in Maharashtra as well as India are increasing exponentially and my parents are very much concerned about sending me during the 10-15 Jan window. So can I join the campus on a later date?
ReplyDeleteYou can join a later date.
DeleteSir , IIT Kharagpur and many many colleges sending the students back to home after Covid cases are surging in their campus. Can we expect postponement of our joining in campus. As omicron is increasing in US and UK reporting 10 lakh cases per day we afraid of our parents.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
DeleteThanks for the update mate !
DeleteNot everyone is ok with spending their semester at home especially when they need access to the campus lab facilities and if I am paying the amount of fees that I am, then I would really want to do more than just watch lecture videos. You can not study engineering by sitting at home buddy. Covid is not going anywhere for atleast 2-3 years but we are losing on some precious moments of both learning and campus life.
DeleteI understand what problems you might be facing and in no way mean to offend you but please only speak for yourself and not the entire student community. I
College didn't force anyone to join the campus. It should be kept as optional. Those who wants to join should be allowed and those who wants to stay back,they should be allowed. As the flight cancellation rules won't give us any cancellation amount now.
DeleteDear sir,
ReplyDeleteGreetings to you ! I am a 2nd year student having returned from Pilani during the sem break to my home in Navi Mumbai. With Mumbai and Delhi (our return journey transit point) reporting massive surge of cases, can I join at a date later than 14th Jan, that I have committed in the Hostel Return Form.
Specific queries:
a. Can I join campus at any date before mid sems (I had selected ‘Stay at Campus’).
b. What would be the formalities required for a new joining date request.
c. Will my newly allotted hostel room be retained till I return? (Of course will pay hostel fees for the full sem)
d. Will labs be also conducted in online mode in addition to the lectures?
Would be thankful for your response.
Keshav F2020 B1 AB 1141 P
sir , can we leave campus after giving mid sem exams ??
ReplyDeleteGood Evening, Sir.
ReplyDeleteJust now we have received a mail from CRT wherein the fourth point says "FD/HD Students who are going to return to the campus other than those mentioned above, is deferred till further notice". My query is - being a HD 1st year student, I'll be coming to the campus for the first time; so does this imply on us as well?
Respected Sir,
ReplyDeleteFrom past 10 days we are preparing to come to hostel, we booked our tickets we purchased all the necessary items that we'll need at campus. I understand the current situation, but we will be carrying RTPCR us and also 3 days quarantine would be there. You already mentioned on 4th day if someone is postive he'll stay in quarantine for another week or so. All the arrangements are so good and robust.
We are adults and we are already vaccinated twice. It would affect us only like a normal fever.
Many including me booked flight tickets and now we have to pay more for cancellation.. 4k maybe 7k.
Kindly think of our condition as cancelling tickets and postponing things will cost us lots of money. Being a student we are not in any situation to bear this Kind of loss. Kindly revert this decision and allow us to join the campus.
We all agree with your arguments. Please have a patience. Just think another way. In case after coming back, we asked you to leave the campus, calculate the cost and risk.
DeleteSir, with all due respect why were the first yearites called before HD and FD final year students? They have four /five years left but we only had a semester not just for campus life but also for the thesis that we will be doing in our last semester. I have already had terrible experiences doing SOPs and DOPs sitting at my home with zero practical experience when the whole point of SOPs/DOPs is to gain practical knowledge. How as a Mechanical Engineer I will be able to cope with the practical problems in future I don't know.
DeleteI dont understand why colleges are always shut down first in every outbreak. Should we really believe that there will no more outbreaks in future? It has been two years now and if our only response to an outbreak is to make students sit at home then it I dont really know what to say. Can't believe I will be graduating from Google Classrooms.
Thank you sir for the wise decision on CRT . some amount of money can be earned later but life doesn't.
ReplyDeleteThat was really touching mate!
Delete50 rs kaatu overacting ka?
DeleteBro tell me how if we get degree in this manner. Kindly elaborate!
DeleteCan we also defer the fee payment until further notice?
DeletePlease call us to campus only after the situation is better.
ReplyDeleteNoted. Would like to have anything else sir? Perhaps a few gallons of sanitizer ?
DeleteCan ME civil engineering students come to campus offline???
ReplyDeleteI respect everyone's decision... whether they choose to come ot not come.. but pls allow those who want to come..
ReplyDeleteSir,Please think about students financial condition and revert this situation.Many have opted out of cancellation charges who are coming by flights. We are vaccinated twice and are educated enough to maintain social distancing and wear masks. Personally, the cancellation charges and another travel expenses are unbearable for me. So hope you change your decision.
ReplyDeleteRightly said buddy. This is not a distance learning course. They should atleast allow those who want to come, I have now spent two important years of my education at home watching lecture videos spoiling my mental health, my eyes and my back and yet paying more fees. This is just ridiculous
DeleteSir please think about our finances as students and precious time for hd students when making a decision.
ReplyDeleteAlso if my region puts curfew or containment zone, what would be the procesure to join at a later date.(HD 2021 student)
Respected Sir,
ReplyDeleteI would like to bring this to your notice that many students are facing issues while filling hostel accommodation details, I request you to please help in this matter.
sir we have already packed our bags n reached jaipur. too late now sorry. no other option is left. we must enter campus.
ReplyDeleteI think we should stick to raiding Area 51 now. It's easier to get in.
DeleteDear sir,
ReplyDeleteIf courses like biotechnology, pharmacy and other courses where students need to gain practical knowledge; how they can learn online. Because of this online practicals we don't have any practical knowledge now. Actually we are lacking behind all the colleges in gaining knowledge. Even in Pune ignoring day by day cases they are focusing on students to give them practical knowledge more and more.
Sir, if we get such online degree then who will value it, and what will happen if same condition arise after few years infront of us (learnt without any practical knowledge) how we will handle it.
Sir, i respect the concern of CRT, but is this good time to stop students from joining campus. Because if you stopping means now this COVID will stop us for complete semester. Still condition is not that worst after joining we will stay isolated for 15 days instead of 3 days.
Please sir think about students future too, we also agree that health is much more important but the term "HEALTH" also includes "MENTAL WELLNESS" too. But because of such sudden changes in decisions all the students are mentally disturbed. And if this happens some more times then students will get some sort of severe psychological disease at the end of course. Instead of knowledgeable students psychic students will come out of campus.
ReplyDeleteHonestly speaking now all including me thinking that they did mistake by taking admission in BITS where no one is thinking for students future.
Correctly said
DeleteAgar aise hi online padna tha toh UpGrad se padh lete woh bhi international institute se with less fees. Galat decision le liya maine.
ReplyDeletePrecisely
DeleteWhy tuition fee is still the same,as we are not using any labs, libraries?
DeleteSir now I can't bear such online wali degree. I not are anything from the time when I read this news. And I'm not going to eat anything until you change notice or else BITS will get news that we got admitted in hospital because of weakness and counting last days or hours. And BITS will be responsible for this.
ReplyDeleteWe took admission to BITS just to improve our personality but now I think I'm getting worse because of my wrong decision to take admission in BITS.
Is administration doing some kind of joke with higher degree students in all India In every college Master students are already attending offline class offline practical, we are given slot from 10 to 15 just 4 days prior suddenly CRT mailed us postponed till further notice,
ReplyDeletewhat about those who ate traveling from 7th January and booked flight tickets, train tickets, and cab tickets.
At the last moment and no onee, not a single person is taking the responsibility for this no one is replying to the mail .
Our parent's anger is on the top right now .
You have called FD students firstly, when it our slot started of nowhere CRT postponed it sorry but this is too late who have already started traveling will come to the campus we can not compromise our practical knowledge this time
Im higher degree student have mailed SWD, Dean no one is replying, i have already started travelling on my way to take my flight , for pilani cab driver took advance payment im following every protocol , i'll be arriving campus on 10th January
ReplyDeleteSorry can't cancel the ticket and bear cancellation charges with almost no refund
Just think about the condition, after arrival if we would have asked to leave the campus, how much you would have to pay.
DeleteIt is very easy to write something. It is very difficult to handle the situation when the rumours roam around the campus. Have a patience.
By the way, you can put the message with your identity not as Unknown....
"BITS is for students and they provide culture favourable for projects and research works". It was my belief but now I got that it was my misunderstanding.
ReplyDeleteBITS is trying to provide us online practical knowledge, online animal handling, online dosing to animals. Wow great now we can tackle COVID like situations in future 🥳
Dear sir,
ReplyDeleteHyderabad and Goa campus allowing their students to join campus than why not us?
I am Higher degree student and i have done all the packing to join the campus on 10th,we filled the hostel allotment form just one day before the CRT notice.
Our whole 1st semester goes online and when all the universities in India taking offline classes even Bits goa and Bits Hyderabad campus taking classes offline.
Now when we got a chance to join campus you guys revoking that option too.
After reading the above concerns of fellow students, I am really amazed to see how ignorant people still are regarding the pandemic. I can see all the students commenting out of rage against the college, and most of the arguments are completely illogical. Each person is acting out of self interest and no one is thinking of the collective good.
ReplyDeleteWe are the students of one of the top colleges of the country, we should act and comment that way. Everyone should acknowledge the fact that the authorities know a lot more than a student, hence we should keep aside all our toxic behaviour. No wonder why India's youth today is lacking integrity and innovation, utterly disappointed to see people fighting and demeaning each other in the comments section.
I am a Maters student and I completely agree that the true essence of learning can only be achieved in offline mode, but at the same time i realize that whenever we take any covid surge lightly bad times follow. Keeping the students in isolation is the only way forward, and seeing the students enrolled in bits Pilani, i would like to ask my fellow mates, is the isolation possible in college premises? No! Thats why i believe that students staying in their homes untill further notice was the right decision.
I'd like to shed some light on the fact that Bits Pilani is not just a campus for students, rather it is home to a wide range of people! Staff members, teachers and their families reside in the residential complexes of Pilani too! Would it be right to call students from all over India to the campus and jeopardize the safety of our fellow staff members and teachers? Kindly get your heads out of the dark and jog your brains enough to understand the situation along with the collateral any decision brings with it. We are here only for 2 or 4 years, whereas our staff members and teachers are in Pilani for their lives, it is necessary to take a decision which favours their well being! How would you guys feel if 100s of people visit your locality/towns in times of covid? would you guys be comfortable then? Lets not blow things out of proportion here and think logically!
Coming to the poeple who are putting up an argument of monetary loss. All i have to say to it is that whenever the healthcare of any institution/city collapses, even more monetary loss follows. One suggestion I can give is to postpone your flight tickets, there is some provision regarding this, it might help.
Finally i would like to urge my fellow mates not to criticize and demean the same institute which would provide us with good jobs in coming time. And all those people saying they made a mistake choosing bits Pilani should reconsider this statement! Bits Pilani doesn't need you guys, rather we need Bits Pilani. A mere student has no right the criticize the integrity of an institution standing strong since so many decades.
Respected Warden Sir, it was the right decision, please don't let the fools in comment section question your decision. I myself believe that after 3, 4 weeks the condition would be more clear and necessary decision can be taken then.
Till then, stay safe guys.
I again will request all of you to have a patience. We have deferred the opening. The situation will be OK we will call you on campus. The administration is still ready to call the students, however, the way rumours spread and the administration get the calls from parents are the major hurdles. With only 750+ students on campus, and 2-3 cases we are receiving the calls and mails to shut down the campus.
DeleteI truly appreciate that someone at least understand our problem. We are praying that situation improves and we call you back. You have rights to enjoy the campus life. A college is not a place for academics only.
Its always suggested to speak for yourself as you might be speaking right for yourself but you can be completely wrong for someone else. If you dont want to come to campus dont come but dont write all these things just to gain some soft words from professors. When fd students reached campus between 2 to 5 there was no covid surge? When in last sem mba students were called in instead of me students was it right? Is the covid situation happening only in pilani? Why goa and hyd campus called everyone back in last sem itself? We even agreed to stay in quarantine for 14 days while coming back to campus. Do you think its some kind of joke? You said is the isolation possible for big campus like this...my dear then what do you mean by bio bubble? Whole ipl, champions league is happening in bio bubble mode.. stop preaching people something which aren't sure of yourself. Problem was we booked tickets and now we had to pay more than original amount to cancel it. You might be some rich brat but sorry i am not. And i am lucky to not be because then my sense would've been rotten like you. Next time keep all your preaching upto you. I like this clg and its management but it doesn't mean i cannot ask for things that fall under my right..
Deleteand for navin sir, we understand your concerns.. you've a burden of not 30 40 but 100s of us. It was our badluck that covid surged before 15 jan. But we request you to call us upn campus as soon as situation saturates. Because we are adults with 2 jabs already into our system. Even after 14 days if you call us in i am ready to stay quarantined for 14 days. We have subjects which cant be studied online. Already in 1st sem we've been victim of online studies where only ppt was read in class and then it was expected to perform good in exams. So a humble request kindly do the needful at the earliest.
And remember you are one of those indian youth that might be lacking all sorts of skills, integrity because dumbs like you graduated through online classes and still want to pursue masters in online mode only. And innovation.. someone with online education talking about innovation is quite hilarious.
DeleteStay safe and meditate.
It'll help you a lot.
We will call you back very soon.....just wait for the situation to be in little control. We understand your problem. At present we are struggling with positive cases on campus. In addition to that, the rumours and panic from parents are making our life like hell.
DeletePlease give us some time...
One time hand you call us as your fellow mates and then you proceed to call us fools.
ReplyDeleteGraduating from home happily. BITS is not Naukri.com though.
DeleteOnly if i could set up lab facilties at my home, i wouldn't need a university. Shame, I lack the innovation to do so.
Respected sir.
ReplyDeletePlease do consider opening of campus for HD students as soon as possible.
We do respect your decision but at the same time we urge you to plan our arrival in a better way and very soon.
We will wait patiently to stay in campus as soon as possible, please try to call us as soon as possible, atleast we dont want to complete this semester in online mode. Please do consider this as soon as situation permits.
Thanking you.
Third wave will probably end by March , No point in calling back the students then.
ReplyDeleteRespected Sir,
ReplyDeletePlease remove the bio-bubble restriction for students who are double-vaccinated and are ready to show RT-PCR negative report on coming back.
It is very, very stressful for students to stay within campus for 4 months and not to go out or meet family.
Please think about mental health of students in a bio-bubble. Is the mental health of students of no significance to the university? Any why it is forced only on students on not on the staff members? Is it even remotely fair?
Forcing bio-bubble on students is NOT a feasible option in the long run. And Covid is here to stay!
I repeat we are double vaccinated students and we are ready to show negative RT-PCR report on coming back.
Thanks and Regards,
sir I am suffering from fever and constant cough. I have my midsem from 24th jan 2022. when can I join then?
ReplyDeleteSir, I had come on campus on 5th Jan, 2022. As I had started developing some COVID symptoms on 9th Jan, I came back with my parents to seek treatment and care in Delhi. My mid semester examinations are from 24-28 Jan, 2022. Sir, I have tested COVID positive on 11th Jan, 2022. It has been 6-7 days, but symptoms such as high fever (102-103.5)°F , body-ache, shivering, and headache still persist. Looking at my health condition, I am dubious whether I'll be medically fit by then to sit for the examinations.
ReplyDeleteWhat would you recommend me sir, as I may not test negative as early as the recommended date to arrive on campus? Also, is there any rescheduling of make-up examination possible, based on my condition?
In our calendar it is given that document verification would be on 17th on january (today).
ReplyDeleteWe haven't yet received any separate update via mail.
Please guide me.
Dear Sir, I am a second year student of ME, Civil (Structural Engg).
ReplyDeleteTill date, restrictions are imposed on the arrival of HD students.
But from our batch, only 2 students have opted for dissertation this semester, including me.
My project work will include some experimental laboratory work, hence I need to
arrive on the campus.
But at the same time, I am aware of the increasing COVID
cases in the campus,and the subsequent restrictions imposed.
Taking all the above aspects into consideration, I request you to please grant me the
permission to arrive on the campus, as early as feasible. Please let me know the date for the same.
Sir cases are declining all over India. When do you plan to call us? It's been over 14 days and we still haven't received any sort of clear reply from your side. We ME students are fed up sitting at home and watching lectures on laptop screen.
ReplyDeleteI am an HD student and received your mail about joining the campus.I am willing to stay on campus but will not be able to come to campus in the given window.Will I be allowed to stay on campus for the rest of the semester when I come for mid examinations.If so , should I select stay on campus option or stay for examinations option in the form.
ReplyDeleteWhat will happen if someone is unable to report to campus within the given window? This time will the room allocation be on the basis of the first come first serve method?
ReplyDelete